Membership is open to all and is renewable on an annual basis beginning the month of application and payment. Dues are $70 for individuals, $50 for adjunct and independent members, $45 for retired members, $35 for students, and $150 for institutions. Payment may be made by check or credit card. For either payment method, click the "join or renew" link below.
Click here to join SECAC now.
Click here to renew your SECAC membership.
Benefits of Individual, Retired, and Adjunct/Independent* Membership
- Attend the annual conference that serves as a focal point for discussion and for professional contact with colleagues in SECAC.
- Registration fees apply.
- Receive SECAC's peer-reviewed journal Art Inquiries.
- Include professional announcements in the semi-annual newsletter.
- Participate in programs that recognize professional achievement, including the annual awards program and the Juried Exhibition at the annual conference.
- Participate in the operation of the organization by voting in the spring for members of the Board of Directors and in governance of the organization during the Members' Business Meeting at the annual conference.
* Adjunct/Independent membership is a benefit for members who are entirely independent practitioners or contingent faculty without full-time employment.
Benefits of Student Membership
- Attend the annual conference at a reduced registration rate and interact with students and faculty from other institutions who have similar interests.
- Receive the newsletter.
* Student membership is a benefit for members who are currently enrolled students without full-time employment.
Benefits of Institutional Membership
- One complimentary individual-equivalent membership to be designated at the institution's discretion.
- Web postings for your job listings without charge.
- Receive two copies of SECAC's peer-reviewed journal Art Inquiries. One copy is sent to your art department, one to the serials department of your library.
- Inclusion in the SECAC Directory and listings as an institutional member in Art Inquiries.
- Support activities of one of the oldest and most active academic art organizations in the nation. Through conferences, programs, and publications, SECAC provides opportunity for contact, stimulation, and enrichment for artists, art historians, art educators, and arts administrators nationwide.
For questions about SECAC membership, contact SECAC Administrator Christine Tate at email@example.com.