SECAC 2019 - Chattanooga, Tennessee
Conference Dates: October 16 – 19, 2019
Venue: The Chattanoogan Hotel, 1201 Broad St
Juried Exhibition Notifications: July 1
Schedule of Sessions Published: August 1
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is excited to host SECAC 2019 at the Chattanoogan Hotel from October 16-19, 2019. The Conference draws on Chattanooga’s rich history as a regional crossroads to fulfill SECAC’s mission of promoting inclusive dialogue and fostering compelling avenues of exchange.
All sessions will take place at the Chattanoogan Hotel, conveniently located in the heart of our lively downtown and steps away from many cafes, restaurants, and attractions. Centrally located in southeastern Tennessee, our “Scenic City” sits along the Tennessee River, tucked in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. Chattanooga was twice named “Best Town Ever” by Outside Magazine and serves as a destination for adventure seekers and outdoor enthusiasts. Also coined “Gig City,” Chattanooga boasts the fastest internet in the nation, and the city prides itself on cultivating a spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation. The Hunter Museum of American Art, outdoor sculpture park Sculpture Fields, and a growing gallery scene also contribute to a burgeoning reputation for the arts in our city.
Conference Registration begins on August 1, 2019.
Individual member: early $190 | regular $220 | on-site $280
Adjunct/Independent: early $130 | regular $175 | on-site $250
Student member: early $95 | regular $110 | on-site $140
Retired member: early $105 | regular $125 | on-site $150
Hotel Reservations now open
Use this link to reserve your room at The Chattanoogan: https://reservations.travelclick.com/17401?groupID=2479978. The conference rate is $179 plus tax.
- All meeting rooms will be equipped with one digital projector, screen, podium, and podium light.
- Presenters must supply their own laptops.
- All Macintosh users must supply the appropriate adapter.
- No Internet access will be available in session rooms.
- Presenters must have website information downloaded to laptops or other media devices.
- Session chairs must notify the conference director of any special media requests by July 1, 2019. The conference director will determine if special requests can be filled.
- No slide projectors will be available.
For a list of future SECAC conference locations and dates, please see Future Annual Conferences.
For a list of past SECAC conference locations, dates, and chairs, please see Annual Conference History.