SECAC 2019 - Chattanooga, Tennessee
Conference Dates: October 16 – 19, 2019
Venue: The Chattanoogan Hotel, 1201 Broad St
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is excited to host SECAC 2019 at the Chattanoogan Hotel from October 16-19, 2019. The Conference draws on Chattanooga’s rich history as a regional crossroads to fulfill SECAC’s mission of promoting inclusive dialogue and fostering compelling avenues of exchange.
All sessions will take place at the Chattanoogan Hotel, conveniently located in the heart of our lively downtown and steps away from many cafes, restaurants, and attractions. Centrally located in southeastern Tennessee, our “Scenic City” sits along the Tennessee River, tucked in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. Chattanooga was twice named “Best Town Ever” by Outside Magazine and serves as a destination for adventure seekers and outdoor enthusiasts. Also coined “Gig City,” Chattanooga boasts the fastest internet in the nation, and the city prides itself on cultivating a spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation. The Hunter Museum of American Art, outdoor sculpture park Sculpture Fields, and a growing gallery scene also contribute to a burgeoning reputation for the arts in our city.
Call for Sessions Now Open
We are currently seeking proposals for panels that speak to the diversity of research interests, theoretical questions, and professional criticisms that currently abound in studio art, design, and art history. We also encourage sessions that embrace alternate presentation formats, including performances, workshops, demonstrations, roundtables, and multimedia presentations. Please submit 200-word session proposals at https://secac.secure-platform.com/a by 11:59 pm EST on January 2, 2019.
- All meeting rooms will be equipped with one digital projector, screen, podium and podium light.
- Presenters must supply their own laptops.
- All Macintosh users must supply the appropriate VGA adapter.
- No Internet access will be available in session rooms.
- Presenters must have website information downloaded to laptops or other media devices.
- Session chairs must notify the conference director of any special media requests by July 1, 2019. The conference director will determine if special requests can be filled.
- No slide projectors will be available.
For a list of future SECAC conference locations and dates, please see Future Annual Conferences.
For a list of past SECAC conference locations, dates, and chairs, please see Annual Conference History.